Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Welcome to the World of the Woman Business Owner!

Welcome to my blog! I own a boutique fundraising and event planning firm based in New York City. I have been a business owner for nine years and 10 days. That might seem like a very long time to some people, but for me it feels like one of those summers when you are young that pass by so quick that you are back in school before you even realize you were out.

For some time I have thought about writing about the on goings of my life as a business owner. The fact of the matter is that every business owner faces similar challenges, similar decisions and similar days where there are both successes and failures. We face a myriad of decisions on a daily/hourly/minute-ly basis. Most of the time our decisions result in propelling our businesses forward; and sometimes we regret the decisions we made that day. But always, in the end, we learn from our mistakes and move on to the next task at hand.

The purpose of this blog is to discuss the everyday challenges of being a small woman business owner. I intend to create a forum where ideas can be shared, problems can be resolved, and decisions can be discussed. I look forward to your participation and feedback along the way!

No comments: